Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Day Twenty-Seven

Day 27 (5/8/18)

Today was much better for Brian.  He woke up fever free! What a huge blessing! We started out with Occupational Therapy. They are trying to find a call light that Brian can use so I can leave the room from time to time.  They came up with a chin light (he's able to shake his head up and down).  We will try it out tomorrow.

Brian went over to the hospital to have a CT scan of his lungs. The picture below shows the underground passage to the hospital from Craig.  The scan showed mucus plugging and maybe the start of an infection.  Brian will have a bronchoscopy tomorrow to clean out the left lung and remain on antibiotics.

After the scan, Brian had physical therapy.  His blood pressure dropped right before we went, so his therapist did some stretching in his chair.  

Recreation Therapy stopped by to see what Brian would like to do during their scheduled time.  He decided to focus on everyday life experiences, rather than games/hobbies.  Brian will practice driving on sidewalks, take a trip to a restaurant and Target, visit a high school to navigate the inside and outside, and see a Rockies game when the girls come to visit.

Brian ended the afternoon with a clean shave.  He was looking pretty scruffy. 

It was "tie day" for Spirit Week at Maddie's school.  She was excited to pick out one of her dad's ties. 

Today would've been George's (Brian's dad) birthday.  We know he is looking out for Brian from heaven, but he is missed greatly. Happy Birthday to my FFFIL... 









4 comments:

  1. So GLAD to hear Brian's fever broke! Such good news!!! Sounds like today was a very full day. So many things going on between schedule at Craig, the girls, all the support from so many including Maddie's school. Loved seeing her pictures and hearing of the school's support. So special. So much love for the Heine family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian and Julie, So glad to see Brian had a much better day. Thank you Lord! Brian you are amazing to me. You have the will to fight and this is so important. I love that you are planning for activities when the girls come to visit. By the time they leave you'll be doing wheelies in that wheelchair! LOL I can't wait for your visit. This will be a precious memory for all of you.

    You can tell your handsome groomer I think he is a knock out! If I was there I'd have to give him a big hug. He looks like my nephew, Brent. Maddie looks soo cute sporting her Dad's tie. You Go Maddie, make this week memorable. You guys have to be so proud of this sweet teenager!

    Lastly, Happy Birthday to George. You know he is right there with Brian, supporting him and fighting right alongside him. Like the song says,"The Wind Beneath My Wings." God will provide for us in so many ways if we believe.

    I pray and believe you will continue to have a great week. We love you and are so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the spirit week looks from Mads. I am glad today was good. We love you both very much and are continuing to pray for healing and strength. Two weeks and you will see the kiddos!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOO ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily Westerfeld🎀May 11, 2018 at 2:09 PM

    Bri and Julie!!
    I am loving these updates and pictures! Missing you guys and thinking of you all. I cannot believe the AMAZING progress you have made Brian!! Warms my heart so much!!! I forgot what day it was but the selfie of you and Julie made me laugh, smile, and tear up Brian! I start on the floor next week as a nurse and I’ll be thinking of you guys every step of the way! You are blowing through rehab and showing everyone how amazing you are, even know we already knew that ��☺️ Keep the updates coming Julie!!
    Love you guys
    Emily ��

    ReplyDelete