Saturday, June 9, 2018

Day Fifty-Eight and Fifty-Nine

Day 58 and 59 (June 8 & 9)

Brian has been doing well.  He had a little episode with blood pressure after PT on Friday, but Brian ended the day strong with diaphragm pacing. Brian met with a former Craig patient who has a similar injury to his, but that patient doesn't have a ventilator.  We had the opportunity to ask him questions about life after Craig.  There is so much to learn about Brian's care before we leave. They assure me I will be ready...let's hope so!

Brian's family leaves in the morning. It was a great visit and we are sad to see them go. Time always flies when family is here.  The family was so impressed with Craig and couldn't believe Brian's schedule is so busy during the week!  

Please continue to pray for our strength to get through this difficult journey. Some days are harder than others. I'm so proud of Brian and the positive attitude he continually displays.  








1 comment:

  1. Brian and Julie, I am so glad Jenny, Susan and Jeff got to come for a visit. I love everybody's smiles. Nothing better than hugs from the ones you love. I'm sure they were amazed at Brian's progress. It is truly a team effort. a wonderful wife as a daily cheerleader and helper, a willing patient that is committed to his recovery and an excellent therapy group at Craig. Brian you are truly a champion in my book! I hope Craig is providing you information for follow-up when you and Brian get home. A notebook would be a great resource to study and use when you do get home.

    Julie, we continue to pray daily for you and Brian.
    Here's a Bible verse that should encourage you: Isaiah 40:31
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. ("Teach me Lord, Teach me Lord to wait"). This was also a popular song we use to sing in church. So up lifting and heart felt. I'll sing it for you some time, if you don't know it.

    I pray God comforts you so you know all things will work out as they should. You are stronger than most, that's for sure. I encourage you to keep your faith strong. You have a loving family and many friends that are standing with you and praying for you. God is on your side. Continue to trust that God has heard your prayers and he stands with you and that he will guide your path. I will believe this with you.

    WE love you!

    ReplyDelete