Thursday, June 21, 2018

Day Seventy and Seventy-One

Day Seventy and Seventy-One (June 20 & 21)

Mr. Brian Heine had his best two days at Craig.  He has set new personal bests...90 degrees on the standing frame for ten minutes. Brian also made it up to 70 degrees on the Erigo machine (tilt table with elliptical type foot movement), his neck muscles are strengthening AND he didn't need additional oxygen from a tank!  He is oxygenating on his own most of the time, but he still needs ventilation support from his ventilator.  We are thrilled with his overall progress this week.  What a difference from last week!

Thank you so much for making the Applebee's Dine to Donate a success.  I hear there was a wait at dinnertime and the place was hopping throughout the day.  I sure wish we could've joined everyone, but we were there in spirit.  Brian and I loved seeing all the pictures of our supporters. 

Brian had a quick visit today with his lifelong best friend, John.  The last time John saw Brian was at Barnes.  He was pleasantly surprised at the progress Brian is making. It's always nice to hear that from people who haven't seen him in a while.  

The Night at the Races is just around the corner.  It sounds like such a fun time!  It's not to late to register.

As always, thank you so much for supporting us along this journey...keep the prayers coming, they are working!





3 comments:

  1. Such GREAT NEWS!! I thank God for his blessings and for answering our prayers.
    Brian, You are so amazing! Your determination makes such a difference with your progress and I believe God honors that. As always you are my Champion. I pray for your continued strength. Keep your faith strong as more good news is to come. Can't wait.

    What a wonderful treat that John was able to come for a visit. That had to really lift your and Julie's spirits. I know he had to be amazed at your progress. Love the smiles.

    We thank the Lord for watching over you and Julie. Your in our heart and prayers. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to hear the progress this week! I knew Brian would get to 90 degrees. The news brought a great big smile to my face.

    It was nice to see the pictures of Brian and John together. I feel like I know John as Brian has spoken about him so often. What a nice visit to have :)

    Hope your weekend is good. Keep up the fantastic progress. Thinking of you and praying for the entire Heine family daily. GO BRIAN GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see the good progress Brian. You're always in my thoughts and praying that things keep going in a good direction. Look forward to talking sometime in the near future. Take care my friend. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete