Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Day Fourteen

Day 14 (4/25/18)

Brian had a good day.  His blood pressure continues to stabilize, which is a wonderful blessing. The day started out with PT.  More stretching in different positions.  It's amazing to see his body can handle these positions because for several months in the ICU, he could barely move in bed without his vitals declining.

We met with the Recreational Therapist and she showed Brian how he could  play card games with the girls using a card holder. Once the girls get to Craig, we will have to try it out! 

Still working on the crazy wheelchair during OT today.  Correct body position is a must and they are trying to find a headrest that fits Brian well without interfering with his glasses when he is in the reclined position. 

My brother, Brent, figured out how to stream the Cardinals games through the computer to the TV, so Brian has been relaxing and watching baseball.  






6 comments:

  1. Thanks Julie for keeping us updated. I'm so proud of Brian. He is such a trooper! Like you keep saying; one day at a time. God love you for being so strong. I'm glad Brent got the Cardinals on the TV for Brian. That ought to help get the stimulation going. I hope you have another great day tomorrow. I love you guys. Sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian and Julie,
    As I read the updates I marvel at your strength and perseverance. Brian you wife rocks! The best decision you made was to marry her. :)
    Keep working hard and fight the good fight. You have many people in your corner. You've touched many lives and you're missed but as you conquer this challenge, and you will, just remember to hold fast to your sense of humor.
    Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian, I'm so sorry to hear about this incredibly difficult challenge for you and your family. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers as you work your way down the road to recovery. Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You both are amazing, brave and strong. Keep up the work and the love for each other as you two are inspiring all of us! Keep the updates coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to delete my old post, as I totally misspelled SOB (Lindbergh education) :)
    Tell That funny SOB to stay focused and think about the big picture. Me and Craig miss his completely inappropriate jokes. Love you guys. Chris Lorenz

    ReplyDelete